The State offers all covered members flu shots at State sponsored clinics each year. A complete schedule of all state clinics will be available Fall 2022.
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled Flu Vaccination Clinics call our local DOH Offices and make an appointment to receive your flu shot. A listing of our offices is available at http://doh.sd.gov/local-offices/child-family-services/default.aspx
The health plan will pay for the cost of the vaccine and the administration fee for members who choose to receive the influenza vaccine at a State sponsored clinic. Vaccines received at a medical provider or pharmacy must be a Wellmark participating provider to be covered by the plan.
Flu Vaccinations are offered to the following groups covered by the health plan:
- State employees
- Covered spouses
- Covered dependent children (Six months and older)
- COBRA members under age 65
Important Forms and Information
Flu Vaccination Consent Form
- If you are an employee required to get a flu vaccination, please take your cell phone to snap a picture of the consent form after vaccination.
- Drive-Thru Vaccination Consent Form
Exemption or Refusal to Mask Form
- This form only applies to employees who are required to get the flu vaccination and want an exemption or are refusing to get vaccinated.
- Flu Vaccination FAQ
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Policy FAQ
- Vaccine Information Statement - Influenza Vaccine
- Consent Form for Moderna Vaccine 2021-2022
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet
- CDC Pre-Vaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines
Flu vaccinations are safe and the best way to protect yourself from flu; by getting immunized you are also protecting more vulnerable individuals such as infants and the elderly who are very susceptible to serious illness from influenza.
Influenza is a viral respiratory illness marked by the sudden onset of fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and muscle aches. It spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, sending the highly contagious virus into the air. Learn more at http://flu.sd.gov.