Attend a free Flu Vaccination Clinic
The State offers all covered members flu shots at State-sponsored clinics each year, beginning September 30, 2020. A complete schedule for 2020 is now available.
Drive-Through Clinic Dates
Drive-Through clinics will be available throughout the state in October and November. See below for dates and maps.
The plan will only pay for the cost of the vaccine and the administration fee for members who choose to receive influenza vaccine somewhere other than a State sponsored clinic. Vaccines received at the pharmacy must be CVS Caremark participating pharmacy, and submitted through the pharmacy program. Vaccines received at a medical provider, must be received at a participating provider.
Flu Vaccinations are offered to the following groups covered by the health plan:
- State employees
- Covered spouses
- Covered dependent children (of any age)
- Retirees/COBRA members under age 65
Flu Vaccination Consent Form
- If you are an employee required to get a flu vaccination, please take your cell phone to snap a picture of the consent form after vaccination.
- Drive-Thru Vaccination Consent Form
Exemption or Refusal to Mask Form
- Gov. Kristi Noem supports previous orders requiring annual flu vaccination for state employees who deliver health care services.
- This form only applies to employees who are required to get the flu vaccination and want an exemption or are refusing to get vaccinated.
- Flu Vaccination FAQ
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Policy
- Vaccine Information Statement - Influenza Vaccine
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled Flu Vaccination Clinics call our local DOH Offices and make an appointment to receive your flu shot. A listing of our offices is available at http://doh.sd.gov/local-offices/child-family-services/default.aspx
Flu vaccinations are safe and the best way to protect yourself from flu; by getting immunized you are also protecting more vulnerable individuals such as infants and the elderly who are very susceptible to serious illness from influenza.
Influenza is a viral respiratory illness marked by the sudden onset of fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and muscle aches. It spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, sending the highly contagious virus into the air. Learn more at http://flu.sd.gov.