New Hire Information
- FY22 Benefits Guide – Downloadable PDF | Online Flipbook – The Benefits Guide provides information on the health plans, flexible benefits (such as dental and vision), and tax advantaged savings accounts offered to State employees, and can help you choose which benefits best suit you and your family’s needs.
- beneFIT Information – The beneFIT well-being program offers tools and resources to improve your overall wellbeing, and allows you to participate in wellness qualifications to earn annual rewards.
- Employee Assistance Program – The EAP can provide you and your eligible dependents with a wide array of resources to help manage personal challenges, and includes counseling services, financial and legal advice, work/life balance issues, as well as resources for personal and professional development.
- The Health Plans – The South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program offers four new health plans. This resource can be used to help make the best decision for you (and your family) when electing your benefits.
- ALEX – Another valuable resource, ALEX is an artificial intelligence tool that will take you through all the health plan and flexible benefits options.
- HSA, HRA, and FSA Information – All information on the Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Accounts. As a reminder: You are eligible to receive two rewards to an HSA or HRA account if you complete the well-being qualifications by April 1, 2022.
- Important Benefits Reminders – Please review this document for information on how to enroll in your benefits, effective dates of coverage, how and when coverage can be changed, and other important benefit information.
- Workers’ Compensation – If you are injured on the job, Workers’ Compensation may provide you with income protection as well as covering related medical expenses. Be sure to take the time to review your rights and responsibilities under the Workers’ Compensation program.
As we head into the New Year with so many benefit changes over the past 6 months, we wanted to give a brief reminder regarding employees hired after July 1, 2021 and the opportunity to earn well-being rewards.
- Employees and covered spouses will need to complete a biometric screening and the online health assessment to earn the $500 Reward #1.
- Employees also have the option to earn up to an additional $400 in Reward #2 by completing well-being activities and turning them into points for reward dollars. (Covered spouses can participate in any of the activities, but their points will not count towards this employee-only reward)
Please note, new hires receive an initial $500 New Hire contribution to offset costs during the current plan year based on the plan they selected. If they participate in the well-being activities, they can earn the reward that will be paid in FY23.
Employees with a benefit effective date of April 1 or later will not be eligible for the well-being reward.
The deadline for completing all activities towards both rewards is April 1, 2022. Both rewards will be dispersed in July. Additional information is available on both the New Hire Page and the beneFIT Well-Being Program page.
- South Dakota Retirement System website
- What Is The SDRS Supplemental Retirement Plan
- The Automatic Enrollment Feature(Coming Soon!)
- Understand more about SDRS-SRP.
- Contact a Supplemental Retirement Plan Specialist.
- Employee Space Quick Reference Guide
Employee space is where you can view job openings, apply for jobs, update contact information, and review paystubs. This quick reference will guide you through the job application process.
- Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide: Direct deposit, W4 and pay information.
- Payroll Calendar
- Sign up for job email alerts:
- promotional job opportunities for current employees (only posted internally in Employee Space)
- all open/competitive job opportunities
- Attention Veterans
- State Library services
South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS)
Where to find and edit information:
|System||View Leave Balances||Change Address||Apply for Jobs||View Job Applications||Update Direct Deposit||Update W4||View Pay Stubs||Enter Leave||Benefits Enrollment||View CPC & Check-ins||Guide|
|Employee Space||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||ES Guide|
|HR Portal||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide|
|System||View Leave Balances||View Employee Information||View Job Applications||Approve Leave||View CPC & Check-ins||Guides|
|Manager Space||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||MS Guide
Proxy Management Guide
|HR Portal||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide|