New Hire Information
- FY22 Benefits Guide – Downloadable PDF | Online Flipbook – The Benefits Guide provides information on the health plans, flexible benefits (such as dental and vision), and tax advantaged savings accounts offered to State employees, and can help you choose which benefits best suit you and your family’s needs.
- beneFIT Information – The beneFIT well-being program offers tools and resources to improve your overall wellbeing, and allows you to participate in wellness qualifications to earn annual incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program – The EAP can provide you and your eligible dependents with a wide array of resources to help manage personal challenges, and includes counseling services, financial and legal advice, work/life balance issues, as well as resources for personal and professional development.
- The Health Plans – The South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program offers four new health plans. This resource can be used to help make the best decision for you (and your family) when electing your benefits.
- ALEX – Another valuable resource, ALEX is an artificial intelligence tool that will take you through all the health plan and flexible benefits options.
- HSA, HRA, and FSA Information – All information on the Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Accounts. As a reminder: You are eligible to receive two rewards to an HSA or HRA account if you complete the well-being qualifications by April 1, 2022.
- Important Benefits Reminders – Please review this document for information on how to enroll in your benefits, effective dates of coverage, how and when coverage can be changed, and other important benefit information.
- Workers’ Compensation – If you are injured on the job, Workers’ Compensation may provide you with income protection as well as covering related medical expenses. Be sure to take the time to review your rights and responsibilities under the Workers’ Compensation program.
South Dakota Retirement System (SDRS)
- South Dakota Retirement System website
- What Is The SDRS Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Employee Space Quick Reference Guide
Employee space is where you can view job openings, apply for jobs, update contact information, and review paystubs. This quick reference will guide you through the job application process.
- Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide: Direct deposit, W4 and pay information.
- Payroll Calendar
- Sign up for job email alerts:
- promotional job opportunities for current employees (only posted internally in Employee Space)
- all open/competitive job opportunities
- Attention Veterans
- State Library services
Where to find and edit information:
|System||View Leave Balances||Change Address||Apply for Jobs||View Job Applications||Update Direct Deposit||Update W4||View Pay Stubs||Enter Leave||Benefits Enrollment||Guide|
|Employee Space||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||ES Guide|
|HR Portal||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide|
|System||View Leave Balances||View Employee Information||View Job Applications||Approve Leave||Guides|
|Manager Space||No||Yes||Yes||No||MS Guide
Proxy Management Guide
|HR Portal||Yes||Yes||No||No||Employee/Manager HR Portal Guide|